Sep 14, 2012
Scholarships Now Available for the Victory Fund's Candidate & Campaign Training
Are you an LGBT North Carolinian ready to run for public office? A limited number of scholarships are now available for Victory Fund's Candidate and Campaign Training, offering attendees the unique experience of working with political consultants and hearing from openly LGBT elected officials to learn the fundamentals of running for election and working on a campaign, specifically as an LGBT candidate.
The next training is being held in Long Beach, CA, November 28 – December 2, and space for attendees is filling up fast.
Many current and former elected LGBT officials are alumni of our Candidate and Campaign Training programs. A number of standout candidates and elected officials from the Victory family speak at the trainings.
A few Candidate and Campaign Training alumni:
- State Representative Nickie Antonio--Ohio
- U.S. Representative Tammy Baldwin--Wisconsin
- State Representative Simone Bell--Georgia
- State Senator Al McAffrey--Oklahoma
- Houston Mayor Annise Parker--Texas
- U.S. Representative Jared Polis--Colorado
- State Representative Patricia Todd--Alabama
- Sheriff Lupe Valdez--Texas
- State Representative Kathy Webb--Arkansas